Book Review: When the Moon Hatched

Guys! I loved this even more than Fourth Wing. The complexity of the world, depth of character development and the crazy psychological backstory of the MFC just mesmerized me. I couldn't put this book down. Took me only two days to devour it, and since there's still a bit of time left in July, I'm considering re-reading it before the end of the month, just to absorb more of the story that didn't fully have time to sink into my bones.

I rarely enjoy romance-heavy fiction, so I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed this one. After a bit of reflection, I believe it's because there's so much psychological damage that creates realistic and understandable tension between the MFC and the love interest. She has lots of very good reasons not to trust people. These aspects really help to balance the bits of succulent thoughts that manage to gain voice, and when the spice finally arrives, it is about damn time. When I read spice, I don't read it to get my rocks off, though I hold no judgment to any who do. I read spice as a culmination; a confectionary that is the grand finale in a well developed slow burn romance.

Have I mentioned, Kaan is the perfect book boyfriend! He is a Gawd in every way that matters.
This book is going on my Top Shelf for sure. I have no bad things to say about this literary masterpiece. I will be standing on legos until the sequel comes out in October 2025. Please send pain killers.

xx Sam xx
Book Review: When the Moon Hatched Book Review:  When the Moon Hatched Reviewed by Samantha Jayne Frost on July 27, 2024 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.