Book Review: Butcher & Blackbird

The Ruinous Love Trilogy #1

I just finished Butcher & Blackbird, and I'm processing.

I am new to serial-killer romances so it was just a bit difficult for me to decide if I liked it or found it offputting. The contrast of building a life with someone, with the horror of taking life in the same book is, admittedly, a tangy shock to the proverbial tongue. Overall, it was written well. I just have a hard time keeping my psychopaths and my serial killers separate. Part of this is probably due to my prejudices on the subject. Technically, a serial killer isn't necessarily unable to experience human emotions, and not all serial killers are created equal.

One other reason I liked but didn't love this book is because I don't usually read romance, and I'm picky about my spice. I found the spice was hot but felt slightly premature for me. Of course, personality comes into play here. Every person is different. If it were me meeting someone who I'd had a texting relationship with for years, I probably wouldn't start with intimacy on display in a public restaurant, but that's just me. To each their own. It was an enjoyable read regardless. If you like spice, you will love the four peppers in this book.
Have you read this book, and if so, what are your thoughts? Would love to discuss in the comments below. xx Sam xx
Book Review: Butcher & Blackbird Book Review: Butcher & Blackbird Reviewed by Samantha Jayne Frost on June 28, 2024 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.