November Reading Wrap Up

I've had a pretty good reading month.  I read a total of five books off my November TBR and a total of 9 books (audio, and ebook).  Here's the spread I did for November.  I didn't meet all my goals this month, so the books that didn't make it will roll over to next month!  I do want to talk a little bit about each of these and the books that aren't on this list that I read.
The Primal Hunter
Zogarth
I actually read books 1-4 of this series.   Did I like them?  Modestly.  I  gave them 3 stars apiece. Definitely falls to the bottom of the list for litRPG I've read this month, and FYI, this is the first month EVER, that I have read ANY litRPG, so I'm real fresh.  Shoot recs in the comments below or on tiktok if you have any.  I may not have loved this series, but there have been others, that I will talk about, that I did in fact love!Thistlefoot
GennaRose Nethercott
This was / is my FAVORITE read of November.  I adore this book, and I plan to REREAD it at some point.  The book is fun and it moves along at a decent pace.  I loved how the author incorporates intelligent vocabulary and weaves the past and present together in a way that makes sense and is easy to follow.  I also loved the characters and the folklore.  What a beautiful retelling of the Baba Yaga folk tale.  Shade's First Rule
A.F. Kay
This is the first book in the Divine Apostasy litRPG series.  It's also the second series I've sampled in this genre.  I truly enjoyed this fun little book.  What a refreshing, light and easy read.  There's so much action and intrigue.  If you love books and labyrinths, plots and murder, you will love this book.  Like all litRPG, there's stats to deal with, so if that aspect bothers you, stay clear.  This genre is riddled with stat lists and I just skip when I'm not in the mood to get nerdy.  Highly recommend, check out my in depth review HERE.The Book Eaters
Sunyi Dean
This book was not what I expected, which is embarrassing considering that the subject matter is screaming from the front cover, but I truly was shocked to discover it's a book about people who literally eat books.  The F*!  That being said, I did enjoy this book.  It didn't make top shelf for me, but I had no trouble getting into it and staying hooked.  Highly recommend. A Magic Steeped in Poison
Judy I. Lin
If you like tea and magic, you MIGHT love this book.  No promises.  It's about a witchy girl who brews tea and every cup is infused with a little extra something.  In the story, her sister has been poisoned and it's up to her to find the antidote.  If you enjoy magical tournaments, cooking contests and tales of poverty and royals, you should give this little beauty a read.  It's not the fastest paced book, but it reads like poetry.  It gets a thumbs up from me. The Silent Corner
Dean Koontz
I've read all the Odd Thomas novels, and so I picked this one up thinking it would read the same, but I was disappointed.  It's a story about a female FBI agent whose husband commits suicide, but not really.   She suspects the suicide was a set up, and so she goes to ground and looks for answers.  There's lots of fight scenes, skulking about, killing, and tracking down bad guys.  It's not a terrible read, but I think I'll be forgetting what this book was about very soon.  Give it a go, if you must.ConclusionAll in all, satisfied with this month's reading.  I enjoyed Thistlefoot most and The Silent Corner least.  I got part way into Nettle & Bone by T Kingfisher, and so far I am liking it a lot, but what else could I possibly expect from this author.  I loved What Moves the Dead.  They just write good books!  I'll see ya guys around and over on my tiktok!
November Reading Wrap Up November Reading Wrap Up Reviewed by Samantha Jayne Frost on December 01, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.