Reading Update: Volume 2024 Episode 10

Letter to Professor Robert Fontaine.

Dear Professor,

So far, the research I've managed this month produces abysmal results.  I've closely inspected four tomes, and none of them contain the elusive five stars mentioned in the prophecy.

I did discover clues that may interest you, and aid in further research. 

In the polished tome entitled, "Under the Whispering Door," I found reference to a "sky full of stars", such as we have not seen in several centuries on this planet.  If we could only discover information leading to the whereabouts of said Door, perhaps this portal would lead us to this fantastical land.  It is said, in legends, that a sky contains thousands of stars.  It is a myth, I'm told, and not worthy of further investigation.  Still, it would be the most straightforward route to obtaining the five stars you seek.  I'm told that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.  Be careful if you pick up this text, for it is dangerous.  I almost got lost within it's pages.

The second tome, Cursed Claws, speaks of a grey cat who is quite intelligent, and capable of casting cunning and deviant spells.  It runs around with a young woman, Cora, and will be asking for information leading to the recovery of a long lost aunt.  Both women will be long dead by now, and the cat was on its last life, but there is a slim chance it has survived through the seven apocalypses.  Would you like me to look into it further?  I might be able to triangulate the location of Winterspell based on old phone records.  You'll have to forgive me for poking around without asking your permission first, but I wanted to know I had a solid lead.  I've been informed by the tech guys that Cora was a real witch who lived and wrote her true stories under pseudonym Danielle Garrett.  I am inclined to believe this report.  I could feel the magic vibrating within the book, and the ink kept trying to hitch a ride on my hands whenever they came in close proximity.  The whispers still haunt me.

The third arcane text I examined had a cover that was, at first, difficult to decipher.  The cover is quite worn.  With some restorative treatment, we ascertained the title of the work.  The Haunted Heist.  A bank robbery executed by a poltergeist.  The main female in this tome is highly suspicious.  After escaping from the bank, she continues to live a pauper's life.  She's obviously hid the money somewhere, most likely to avoid being implicated for her part in the theft.  I suggest we do more research to uncover her final resting place.  At that point in history, everyone was obsessed with burying themselves with their most treasured possessions.  She's probably got all kinds of money with her.  We could use the extra cash to fund our research.


Lastly, I am dismayed to report that Rivers of London ended up being a total dead end.  I hated every moment I spent on this portion of the research.  The characters had absolutely nothing to offer me in terms of leads.  The most exciting thing I have to report is that a well of magical energy was completely destroyed.  Not to spoil it for you, because I know you were so hot on tapping that.  If we can find the five stars, it won't all have been for nothing. 

 

 

I must return to my study at once.  There are forty two additional tomes requiring my immediate attention. From looking at the back cover, it would appear that one claims we can escape to a world made of something called pixels, should this one enter the final apocalypse.  I do not have enough evidence at this point to state with certainty that this world exists or that it can be entered from our coordinates.  I will write again, once I have additional information.  

 Yours Truly,

SJ Frost, Antiquities




Reading Update: Volume 2024 Episode 10 Reading Update: Volume 2024 Episode 10 Reviewed by Samantha Jayne Frost on October 08, 2024 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.